Today is the first day of the 4-Hour Body diet in preparation for being bikini ready for resort season in November. I celebrated yesterday by enjoying a final meal at McDonald’s (McDouble + Chicken McNuggets).
I have never dieted before, but my sometimes-roommate lost 40 lbs or so since he started it, and has kept it off, so I figured I’d look into it some more.
My mission is 2-fold: burn fat, and show my fiance that you can stick to a diet, and that “diet” food can still be delicious, zesty, tasty as ever .
I will track my meal plan, and circumference measurements. The scale can lie, but the waist size doesn’t. The diet is based strictly as outlined under the “Slow-Carb Diet” in Timothy Ferriss’s The 4-Hour Body: An Uncommon Guide to Rapid Fat-loss, Incredible Sex, and Becoming Superhuman.
– 2 egg white omelet with red peppers, onions, spinach, and 1 tsp of reduced fat feta cheese
– 1/2 banana, 1/4 gala apple
– giant signature salad (spinach, apples, tomatoes, red onion)
– salad dressing (emulsified basalmic vinegar, extra virgin olive oil (EVOO), pinch of salt, freshly ground pepper, oregano)
– spicy garlic lime chicken (http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/spicy-garlic-lime-chicken/detail.aspx)
Wish me luck!